POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jul 2009 05:02:12
Message: <4a570394$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> MS has
> always focussed on the user experience. That's why technical people
> don't like MS products.

Really?

People are often telling me that M$ spends millions on consumer
research. But I have to ask... what escaped nutcase *wanted* Microsoft
Bob? The annoying paperclip? The animated Find dog? That window that
pops up every... single... time... you log into a Windows XP box for the
first time? (Do I *look* like I want to take the God damned tour of
XP?!) The incessent "there are unused icons on your desktop" whinging?

Which users wanted their PCs to get hacked just by being connected to
the Internet? Who wanted a word processor that constantly crashes? Which
people thought it was funny if a power cut results in permanent data
loss and possible an unusable PC?

Seriously... WTF? Who in their right mind thinks M$ provides a good user
experience? M$ is legendary for the *bad* experience they provide! It's
certainly NOT just technical people who dislike their products...