POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Jul 2009 23:45:43
Message: <4a56b967$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Chambers wrote:
>>> partly because Sony focused on technical points, ie features, whereas
>>> MS actually focused on the entire user experience (ironic, isn't it?).
>>
>> What's ironic about it? Sony has always focussed on features and MS
>> has always focussed on the user experience. That's why technical
>> people don't like MS products.
>
> Not ironic that they focused on it, but ironic that they got it so right.
>
> Of course, that's just some of my latent MS bashing sneaking to the
> surface again.  I've been pretty good about treating them objectively
> lately, but every now and then I still aim a barb in their direction :)

Nah. Keep up the bashing. lol If they built space stations, for example,
you could be sure to suffocate, freeze, or get sucked out a
malfunctioning airlock, while fully satisfied that the "experience" was
the best you had ever had. Seriously, if Vista taught us anything, its
that MS' *only* experience is in user experience, and that trying to do
"technical" correctly makes for some very *bad* interface decisions on
their part, such that you both get sucked out the airlock, and have to
look at the peeled paint on the way out. ;)

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {