POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Many missing spaces in the wiki : Re: Many missing spaces in the wiki Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Many missing spaces in the wiki
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 9 Jul 2009 09:39:37
Message: <4a55f319$1@news.povray.org>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1#Introductio

> I find the following short paragraph (and I highlighted the places where
there's
> missing whitespace):
>
> POV-Ray is a command-line program on Unix and
> ->othertext-based operating systems and is menu-driven on Windows and
> ->Macintoshplatforms. Some of these operating systems use folders to store
files
> ->whileothers use directories. Some separate the folders and sub-folders
with
> ->aslash character (/), back-slash character (\),
> ->orothers.
>
> Someone might want to have a look into that...

Thanks for the feedback .... I'm aware of the problem. This happened because
MediaWiki is a left justified markup language .... that is certain tags and
characters didn't parse as expected until they were the first character of a
given line. In hindsight I may have been a little over zealous in some
aspects .... want to get involved in doc project to help with the cleanup
and v3.7 issues?

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Developers_Notes

Jim