POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Code division multiplexing : Re: Code division multiplexing Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Code division multiplexing
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jun 2009 04:27:37
Message: <4a4334f9$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Really? That's interesting... I got to the CDMA article *from* the GSM
>> article. o_O
>
> Sure. The old analog phones used FDM (Frequency Division Multiplexing),
> and GSM uses (I think) TDMA - time division multiple access.  There's
> also phase-division multiple access, as well as various combinations
> thereof.

Hmm, OK. Apparently,

"The modulation used in GSM is Gaussian minimum-shift keying (GMSK), a
kind of continuous-phase frequency shift keying. In GMSK, the signal to
be modulated onto the carrier is first smoothed with a Gaussian low-pass
filter prior to being fed to a frequency modulator, which greatly
reduces the interference to neighboring channels (adjacent channel
interference)."

So not CDMA at all. Weird...