POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Chambers
Date: 9 May 2009 17:21:31
Message: <4a05f3db$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/2009 12:43 PM, John VanSickle wrote:
> I am aware that man has the capacity for reason and volition, and
> therefore is a proper subject for moral judgment.
>
> That does not necessitate that when man does X, it is better or worse
> than when nature does X.

Do you think that two different people, with different skill sets,
should hold different positions within the same company?

In particular, a Software Engineer and a Customer Service rep both have
very different job descriptions, and very different abilities.

Is it fair to say that they should each be held to different standards
precisely because of their abilities and situations?

If so, then it is also fair to judge Man by a different standard than we
judge animals by.  If not, then I wonder how you get on at work.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com