POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Still random : Re: Still random Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still random
From: scott
Date: 7 May 2009 06:11:28
Message: <4a02b3d0$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Each video is approximately 5 hours of computer time.
>>
>> You're just begging me to try and write a GPU version that runs at 100fps
>> aren't you :-)
>
> If you think you can do adaptive RK4 numerical integration of a few
> thousand particles at realtime speeds, be my freakin' guest! ;-)

I wonder how fast it would be in C++ :-)

Are the three attractors just applying a 1/r^2 force on each particle?

What resolution are you running this at?  "a few thousand" sounds like 64x64
or something.

When I get time I will give it a shot, but it might not be a while I'm
preparing today and tomorrow for two weeks of business travel.