POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Still random : Still random Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Still random
From: Invisible
Date: 7 May 2009 04:16:58
Message: <4a0298fa$1@news.povray.org>
...but entirely deterministic! ;-)

OK, so check this craziness out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duy8s8C7-Uc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_s6r7PaKo

Each video is approximately 5 hours of computer time. And trust me, when
you watch this full-screen in high resolution, it looks insane! :-D
Pitty YouTube doesn't permit such things. (The file I uploaded was about
35MB, encoded with "H.264". I might put it online somewhere else for you
folks to enjoy...)

So, let me know what you think. :-D

PS. I still need to fix the rendering program. I wrote it while at work,
and it worked OK, but was rather inflexible and brittle. So when I got
home, I wrote it again. But for some reason, the version I wrote at home
is about 10x slower - and I can't figure out why! o_O