POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
26 Sep 2024 23:37:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: andrel
Date: 4 Aug 2011 14:48:52
Message: <4E3AE99A.70709@gmail.com>
On 4-8-2011 19:30, Darren New wrote:
> On 8/4/2011 10:16, andrel wrote:
>> images were when I did mine in 1996. pretty sure we also used them a few
>> years before that.
>
> The only support for images was "leave a spot for an image this big
> here." Then you could plug stuff in later in the processing chain that
> would actually insert the image. Maybe. Sometimes. Not infrequent to
> spend two or three days just getting the 200-page copy printed out.

Interesting, I had lots of images in my thesis and that was only a few
years later. Including "leitmotiv"s, small icons in the margin with
recurring themes. So definitely not all pictures on the top of pages for me.
Strangely I can not find the source files ATM to see how I did it back
then. I am sure I have seen them recently (i.e. less than a year ago). I
intend to make it available as a pdf file one day, using the original
source. And perhaps update a few things. ;)

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.