POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : The "rebirth" round has completely disappeared : Re: The "rebirth" round has completely disappeared Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:41:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The "rebirth" round has completely disappeared
From: David Buck
Date: 1 Sep 2009 19:52:09
Message: <4A9DB3AB.8040603@simberon.com>
Warp wrote:
>   Am I simply being really blind, or has the current "rebirth" round
> completely vanished from irtc.org?
>
>   The front page lists the winners for the "testing" round, and there's
> no mention of the "rebirth" round anywhere.
>
>   "Current rounds" lists the new "time" round. No "rebirth" round mentioned
> anywhere.
>
>   "Past rounds" lists years, and the year 2009 goes to the "testing" round.
> No "rebirth" shown.
>
>   Logging in doesn't change anything.
>
>   What happened?

The round will disappear for a short period until it's made open for
voting.  Normally, this will be within 24 hours.

Before I open the round for voting, however, we have a software upgrade
almost ready to go in which will improve the voting process and fix most
of the anomalies that we encountered in the last round.  If you can hold
on for a day or two, we'll get the new software installed then open up
this round for voting.

BTW, we have some excellent submissions in this round.  Thanks to
everyone for their submissions.

David Buck