POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting piracy on two fronts : Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts
From: Chambers
Date: 2 May 2009 11:00:23
Message: <49fc6007$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/1/2009 7:24 AM, somebody wrote:
> Yes, the lesser of outrageous claims must be true. I know it works. It's a
> common salesman's trick. Well, it works for the salesman anyway.

?

You're misunderstanding me.  In fact, you do so persistently enough that
I think it's intentional.

I did NOT say, "the lesser of outrageous claims must be true."
I DID say, the lesser of outrageous claims is more likely to be true.

And don't bother trying to discredit me by associating my arguments with
those used by salesmen.  The fact is that everyone is selling something,
including you, so the sooner you get over your irrational, babyish fear
of sales the sooner you can get on with being an intelligent adult.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com