POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Halbert
Date: 30 Apr 2009 13:35:18
Message: <49f9e156$1@news.povray.org>
>  Could the population loss of coelacanths happening right now be caused
> by completely unrelated phenomena and its timing a complete coincidence?
> Maybe. Rather big of a coincidence, though.
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp
Not really. I wouldn't be surprised though if we found that the coelacanth
has been in danger for centuries or even thousands of years. They have never
been known to be common, not during recorded history. If people are
responsible for their current status, I can't imagine how it happened. If
they were over-fished we would probably know about it. I don't think we have
deprived them of a habitat- not yet. Their food supply has always, and still
is, plentiful. It may sound like a dumb question, but, in what way has
mankind contributed to the dissapperance of the coelacanth?