POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random stuff : Re: Random stuff Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random stuff
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Apr 2009 10:26:15
Message: <49f9b507$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> ...and now *with* the attachment I meant to add the first time...
>
> Go on then, what's the mathematics behind this one?  Gravity?

Well, I don't know about "gravity"... merely the damped oscilations of a
particle attracted to the center of the image.

If the force applied is proportional to the distance, you tend to can
spirals and sometimes stars. If the force is inversely proportional to
distance (e.g., inverse square), you get loops.

Now, if you add more than one attractor.....