POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting piracy on two fronts : Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts
From: somebody
Date: 28 Apr 2009 13:18:27
Message: <49f73a63$1@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
> On 4/27/2009 10:42 AM, somebody wrote:
> > Indeed. None of the three that are killed by that Georgia professor will
> > not, by definition, enter into the "accidental deaths by gun" column,
for

> I never had an "accidental deaths by gun" column.

Correct.

> It was always "total deaths by gun" versus "accidental deaths by doctor."

False.

From the article you posted the link:

<q>
-- There are 700,000 physicians in the United States.
-- There are 120,000 accidental deaths in the United States caused by
physicians every year, and the accidental death percentage per physician is
0.171.
-- There are 80 million gun owners in the United States.
-- There are 1,500 accidental deaths from guns every year, regardless of age
group, and the accidental death percentage per gun owner is 0.0000188.
</q>

So, no, *you* didn't have that column, but I never said *you* had it either.

In any case, it's meaningless. The comparison is nonsense on so many levels
that it's not even wrong.