POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Code division multiplexing : Re: Code division multiplexing Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Code division multiplexing
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Apr 2009 10:33:41
Message: <49f07c45$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> My first instinct is "how the hell do you compute signal correlation
>> without a computer?" but now I'm thinking maybe you can do it with
>> some op-amps.
>
> http://google.com/search?&q=(analog+OR+analogue)+computer

Oh my God, check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AKAT-1.JPG

Funkalishous, baby!

But yeah, I was thinking that splitting a signal into pieces and
computing a step-wise correlation would seem to require digital
electronics. But it doesn't really. You could probably wire up a system
that has a meter showing the instantaneous correlation between two
inputs without much difficulty. (And the spring in the meter will
probably smooth it out quite nicely.)