POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That time again : Re: That time again Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That time again
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Apr 2009 06:14:50
Message: <49ed9c9a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1tmjA_c8SQ
>
> PS. And then watch this:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKejfYzB3ak
>
> and see how the master does it. Maybe in ten years' time, eh?

You know, watching these, I think I'm actually playing it a little bit
too fast.

Obviously there is no exact speed. But I think I'm rushing it a little.
I had a go at practising last night (and actually learned some new notes
for the first time in a while, rather than just repeating what I already
know). Playing it slower, I can actually hit more of the notes
correctly, but more importantly my playing is more fluid. It flows
better. And I can [sometimes] hit the double-strikes properly.

I also discovered that one or two notes in my performance are actually
incorrect. (As in, I misread the score.) Always fun. :-/ But anyway,
I've learned another small chunk of the score, and I spent last night
practising hard. We'll see where that gets me...