POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting piracy on two fronts : Fighting piracy on two fronts Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Fighting piracy on two fronts
From: somebody
Date: 19 Apr 2009 19:52:37
Message: <49ebb945$1@news.povray.org>
Two pieces of good news lately. Well, I'd not consider death of people
earlier, pirates or not, a good thing, but at least the world is showing
some intestinal fortitude. First, kudos to the Swedish court for following
the spirit, and not the letter of the law:

I wish Canadians could have done the same with captured pirates:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/04/19/pirate.attack.foiled/index.html

Curiously, the legal situations are similar as well, as there is a legal
vacuum about piracy on and off the seas, which will eventually get filled as
pirates mess with the "wrong" people and wills are tested.