POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : COBOL Wow : Re: COBOL Wow Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: COBOL Wow
From: Warp
Date: 13 Apr 2009 12:50:31
Message: <49e36d56@news.povray.org>
> As for AT&T, altho I never thought to ask about backup stuff, I do know they
> had at least 400 people full-time coding SQL to maintain it.

  Speaking of AT&T... 312 terabytes in one single database? That starts
requiring some efficiency from the part of the database software...

  I think it could perhaps be safely assumed they use Oracle? (I have read
Oracle is about the only database system out there which scales up so much.
Or at least that's what the Oracle company wants us to believe in any case.)

--
                                                          - Warp