POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : COBOL Wow : Re: COBOL Wow Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: COBOL Wow
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Apr 2009 12:52:50
Message: <49e21c62$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> 70-80%?  I thought COBOL was pretty much dead after SQL.  Do COBOL programs use
> SQL databases?

COBOL predates SQL, but COBOL has of course been updated to support SQL.
Indeed, I believe COBOL was the first language to get embedded SQL. It
already had some fairly sophisticated file operation stuff built into the
language (like looking up values in flat files, etc.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)