POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Warp
Date: 9 Apr 2009 08:56:39
Message: <49ddf087@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I lost a lot of respect for Reloaded when they very obviously offloaded a huge
> sub-plot to another production (the video game, I believe).

  They had the idea that the story would be divided into three movies,
a series of anime shorts and a videogame, and that all of these would
be part of the whole. Also the universe didn't die with the end of the
third movie, but continued in the online game.

  A somewhat interesting and theoretically innovative idea, but even
I have to admit that in the end it mostly failed (not the least because
the videogame was rushed because of time constraints and consequently
was not of the highest quality and was widely panned by critics). Rather
than the different parts in different media forming a whole, it feels
more like the story being shattered into pieces.

--
                                                          - Warp