POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Apr 2009 06:34:57
Message: <49ddcf51$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh. Every time I watch it, I can't help noticing that there's, like,
>> 200 Smiths, but only 3 of them are actually trying to attack him at any
>> one moment. The rest of them are all standing there "winding up" to do
>> something. They got it so that it doesn't look like anybody is standing
>> around waiting, but in reality they all are. Only a tiny number of them
>> are actually attacking at any moment.
>
> True, but it's actually quite tricky for more than about 6 people to attack one
> individual - they just run out of space.

You get the impression there could be more than 3 though. (Think about
the scene from the first film where the cops rush in and club Morpheous.)

> They should have all jumped on him
> at once right away - it was pretty obvious they were no match for him.

Yes, that would make far mor sense...

> But I like the way the fight is ramped up, it starts out fairly small groups, as
> you say, but the last 20-30 seconds are *really* hectic. And that final
> Smith-bomb slo-mo is pure eye-candy.

Eye-candy is about all there is to it, really. Badly-drawn eye-candy,
mostly.

> Pointless fight though, has to be said :)

Hey, I'm bored now. I'm just going to fly away. Never mind that I could
have done that 10 minutes ago...