POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : a parse error in Blockwall.inc : Re: a parse error in Blockwall.inc Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:07:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a parse error in Blockwall.inc
From: Chris B
Date: 3 Apr 2009 13:08:27
Message: <49d6428b$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <Sve### [at] Jamaica-Focuscom> wrote in message
> "Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
>
>>I don't know if we should discuss problems encountered with the use of
>>objects from the Object Collection here.
>
>I think we need to be able to communicate with the publishers/makers of any
>object. A simple tiny form beside the object download could ensure that.

Hi Sven,

We do collect an email address from people when they register and the
registration process checks that it exists at that time, but we don't keep a
check on whether that is kept up to date over time. For example, my own
email address has changed a couple of times since I registered. This makes
an email route unreliable. We also commit to not give that address out or
bombard them with spurious emails, which would be a difficult commitment to
honor if we provided a messaging option that connected directly through to
their email address.

There is already a feedback option on the site where registered users can
provide both freeform and structured feedback that is visible to anyone
using the search/browse screen. However, for contributors to see this
feedback they'd need to check it regularly, which seems unlikely since the
feedback option has only ever been used a couple of times. It's really more
useful as a mechanism for people to communicate feedback to other potential
users.

For most things it's probably better to post on this forum. Even if
someone's email address has changed or if individual contributors have moved
away from the community you may well find someone who can answer your
question here. If there are exceptional circumstances then I may be able to
establish contact with specific individuals.

Regards,
Chris B.