POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell arrays : Re: Haskell arrays Server Time
29 Sep 2024 15:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell arrays
From: Kyle
Date: 10 Mar 2009 14:03:19
Message: <49b6ab67$1@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> Linguistic question: 'noone' or 'no one'? 'noone' seems wrong somehow :-/ :)

I use "noone" in such a manner occasionally, but I don't really know if
it is correct or not.  I think not, but it sounds kinda cool.  ;-)

Two grammatical errors that have been getting under my skin lately are:

1) People using the word "loose" when what they really mean is "lose".
I read this a few moments ago, "...with all the people loosing their
jobs...", and cringed yet again.

2) People misusing the word "myself" where they should be using "I",
such as, "A friend and myself went...".  Grrr again!