POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CryEngine 2 and ToD mods : Re: CryEngine 2 and ToD mods Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CryEngine 2 and ToD mods
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 2 Mar 2009 07:51:21
Message: <49abd649$1@news.povray.org>
But isn't much of the illumination pre-generated on the texture bitmaps
through traditional slow methods? You can do that in POV-Ray too: render the
scene with a renderer that supports baking, put the resulting bitmap on the

illumination (see for instance
http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=54).
Of course what they did in Crysis in much more complex, but I don't think
that they do GI in real time (though such stuff exists).
Also, CPU-bound rendering can be pretty nifty when it allows real time reuse
of illumination data, for instance
http://randomcontrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=88

G.

web.49ab6b085273ea72e153145f0@news.povray.org...