POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CryEngine 2 and ToD mods : Re: CryEngine 2 and ToD mods Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CryEngine 2 and ToD mods
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Mar 2009 04:41:29
Message: <49aba9c9@news.povray.org>
> Don't post photos! :-)

Nah. If it was a photograph, it wouldn't have clearly visible polygon
edges in it. (E.g., the first image. The leaf in profile near the bottom
of the screen shows clear sharp corners rather than a smooth bend.)

Admittedly it's pretty damn impressive though.

> Depends on the application, shots like you posted take *a lot* of work
> to set up to be rendered on a GPU quickly, a lot of coding (shadows,
> shaders, water effects, LOD, etc).  This is of course ok for a game, but
> for rendering a still image it will be quicker to just load the model
> into MCPov and leave it for a day or two while you do something else :-)

And also, I imagine, if you want to "accurately" simulate what, say, the
interior of a new building is going to look like.