POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That time again : Re: That time again Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That time again
From: andrel
Date: 21 Apr 2009 04:44:49
Message: <49ED8784.60400@hotmail.com>
On 21-4-2009 10:27, Invisible wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> I wonder if anybody will point out any of the other interesting
>> objects in my room...
>
> Well let me see now... There's a copy of Godel, Escher, Bach clearly
> visible. Oh, and take a look at my monitor stand - looks like I found a
> good use for A New Kind of Science after all! :-D
>
> Less obviously, there's a copy of Classic FM Organ Tocattas resting on
> my keyboard. There's also a plasma ball in shot, and several glass paper
> weights. There's the box for a Casio graphing calculator. (That's not
> actually mine; my graphing calculator is a higher spec.)
>
> Even less obvious, there's my latest bank statement resting on top of
> the book. I hadn't noticed that - but I'm fairly sure you can't read it.
> There's a HP LaserJet 1000 printer behind that. The black thing resting
> on top of it is my IR thermometer in its black leather carry case. Next
> to the printer you can just make out a grey thing; that's my camera.
>
> Getting *really* freaking obscure... you can just make out a copy of
> Widor's Tocatta propped up in the bottom-right corner of the frame.
> Notice the hand-written scape of notes balanced on the function knob on
> my synthesizer. (I suck at reading music!) The mini CD you can see is an
> earlier recording of my playing this tocatta, as luck would have it. You
> can also see Enya's "And Winter Came" propped up. Next to it is Mike
> Oldfield's "Music of the Spheres". (Even *I* only know that because I
> remember it.)
>
> So there we have it. Aren't you enlightened? :-P

Not really ;)
Everything you mention is only recognizable if you know how it looks.
The only thing I can recognize for certain even after your explanation
is GEB end even that is positioned in such an unconventional way that I
can not know if it is the actual book or a prop.
The relevant question here would be: why would I care?