POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Migration : Re: Documentation Migration Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:59:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Migration
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Jan 2009 06:30:55
Message: <4977076f@news.povray.org>
"Eddie" <non### [at] nowherecom> wrote in message news:49767b4a@news.povray.org...
> For my part I had hoped that people would start jumping in and helping
> out. When it became clear that the majority were going to leave it to two
> or three people to do the work I bailed out.
>
> Cheers
> Eddie

That's too bad. It seems that documentation is always the last thing most
people care to work on.

I'm very close to having content ready. I think I can get the perl script
changes and additions (that came from my first run at the data) done today.
The tedious part of QAing the results will take a little longer. Once I get
the content in the povwiki perhaps users will be more inclined to get
involved and help with the clean up. I see that from some of the earlier
threads in this news group that there are passages that could use some
tweaking.

As far as the files that are already there .... I had a rather "doh!" moment
the other day!

They are going to be OK right where they are for now and will become a house
keeping issue for later as the naming convention I'm using is slightly
different with the exception of Documentation:Contents which happens to be
my starting place as well.

Eddie .... if you have PHP experience maybe work on the wiki extensions
might start sooner. If not it's going to have to wait until I'm up to speed.

Jim