POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Migration : Re: Documentation Migration Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Migration
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 18 Jan 2009 11:36:30
Message: <49735a8e@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4973524527ae3e8bfb23a32b0@news.povray.org...
> "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> it's kind of bad form to signal the end of one paragraph
>> and the beginning of another all on one line like that.
>
> Not really. It may reduce legibility of the source code (though I'd say
> that
> properly used it can actually increase it),

You know I suppose I see both sides of this arg .... style preferences are
just that .... preferences.

> It's a bit weird that this </p><p> construct is not handled properly by
> wiki; in
> fact, it was not uncommon as a replacement for the old-style (not
> well-formed)
> single <p> for paragraph dividers during the days of transition.

My trouble shooting isn't complete, but yes I was suprised as well.
Wiki accepts certain html tags (<em> and <code>) among others. During my QA
I found they had problems, until I found a preceeding offender and separated
them .... the jury is still out;-)

Jim