POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser 6 for a bargain : Re: Poser 6 for a bargain Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:03:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 6 for a bargain
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Dec 2008 04:00:33
Message: <493a3f31$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:vboij4pnqmo350boson10seldt9tmcnkup@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:30:55 -0600, FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>

>>Change the cloth density. It can effectively change the gravity down to
>>almost zero.
>
> Cloth density is one of the parameters that I have difficulty using. Where
> can
> you find which cloths weigh what? The gsm of cotton is easy to find but
> other
> materials are more difficult :(
> Later I will experiment.
> Thanks for the suggestion, FlyerX.
> --

Knowing what a cloth weights is not enough as you have to translate that
info somehow to Poser parameter values. Also, I find that the density
settings work better in *reverse*! What I mean is: *high* density results in
a *light*  cloth behaviour; *low* density results in *heavy* or *stiff*
behaviour. Very weird...

I think this tutorial page will help:
http://my.smithmicro.com/tutorials/2313.html but see also the other pages.
Very helpful.