POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Implementing a new pigment : Implementing a new pigment Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Implementing a new pigment
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Nov 2008 22:42:17
Message: <4930ba19@news.povray.org>
I want to know how do I go about implementing a new pigment type. It's not a
pattern, and it's not a new bitmap file format for image_map; I have to get
a x,y,z point as input and return a rgbt color.

Would be also good if someone could give me some basic pointers on where to
start modifying the parser to read parameters for it (although that's kind
of low priority, especially considering I have yet to look at the parser
code).

I've been reading 3.7 code. Congratulations and thanks on the new C++ified
structure of the primitive shapes, even if other stuff (like pigments) are
still C-ish :) I wonder what does the Post_Pigment function do? The 21-line
comment before it (like before every other function) is, as usual,
content-less, and I can't figure out its purpose (at least not at 1:30 am).