POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC comments : Re: TC-RTC comments Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC comments
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Sep 2008 07:27:05
Message: <48bd2309$1@news.povray.org>
"Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> schreef in bericht

> Lessons are learned the hard
>> way, especially by lazy pupils....
>
> Sounds like the perfect description of me... how did you know ;)

LOL! Two of a kind then  :-)

> There are some very good elements in your scene. The characters are simply
> great. They look very much alive. Composition and modeling is great... The
> overall situation is working very well.

Yes, it was mainly the radiosity issue I was unhappy with. I did a rapid
test and indeed: the scene is already much better. I really wonder how I
came to keep the ambient switched on... blackout probably.

> If you write to me directly (contact through my site) I can email you a
> small
> zip file I already have, containing some basic radiosity code I made for
> an
> outdoor solution. I think I also made a description to go with it.

Sounds excellent! I shall do that!

> method
> is good and valid but should we all be inventing the wheel?

I agree. I always learn a lot from the work of others in the first place.
Then, experimenting further, is important to get the feel of the thing. This
is something which I have not yet done enough with radiosity.

Thomas