POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POV-Tree: solution for broken mesh? : Re: POV-Tree: solution for broken mesh? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 00:01:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree: solution for broken mesh?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Jun 2008 03:55:55
Message: <4860a88b@news.povray.org>
"fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> schreef in bericht

> I personally have not noticed this yet. Just started playing with pov-tree
> this
> weekend. Perhaps you are downsizing the geometry for the branches too
> much. I
> know I take it down considerably, otherwise the mesh is just too
> rez-heavy.

Hm. I am not aware that I have downsized them that much really, but I shall
have a look at that anyway. Thanks for the tip.

> The problems I've had is that it's cumbersome to apply a proper material
> to the
> foliage, and have not successfully been able to make a tree with the UV
> mapped
> leaves.

I suspect this is a problem with POV-Tree. I have not been able ever to do
this properly either.

> But, really only playing a day with it and with next to no support, I am
> happy
> with the results.

It is a very nice and useful application.

Thomas