POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : A couple more things : Re: A couple more things Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A couple more things
From: Chris B
Date: 9 Jun 2008 06:54:52
Message: <484d0bfc@news.povray.org>
news:484cf1b4@news.povray.org...
> Chris B <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
>> No cheating please :-).
>
>  I wonder if it would mess up the statistics too much if they where
> filtered
> so that if the same library has been downloaded from the same IP address
> more than once, it would be counted as only one download.

Hmm. That would mean digging back through the logs, so, unless the
competitiveness starts overwhelming people I'd prefer to just trust to
folk's sense of fair play. Also I'd venture to guess that the majority of
large organisations and domestic connections nowadays use dynamic allocation
or address translation of some sort (though I can't prove it).

In the interests of full disclosure :-) I should declare that when I need to
check any changes to the download code I usually download my Netball object,
so that's probably a couple of places higher in the league table than it
aught to be.

Regards,
Chris B.