POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser 6 or 7 or Pro--which one to buy? : Re: Poser 6 or 7 or Pro--which one to buy? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 6 or 7 or Pro--which one to buy?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Jun 2008 05:09:22
Message: <484ba1c2$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht

> Good advice, from both you and Flyer X.  Thanks!  I had, at one time,
> thought of
> downloading Daz...but had forgotten all about it, sad to say! I will start
> out
> with that.
>
> BTW, I see that there is a seller at e-bay (probably one of many) offering
> 'official' downloads of Poser 6. *Looks* to be legitimate--but I think
> I'll
> start with Daz anyway.

I started with Daz myself, especially to get myself familiar with working
with figures. Daz is a fine program, no problem about that. However, like I
said, I switched pretty soon to Poser because of the Poser Cloth Room.

I am a bit warry about e-bay and such (but that is just a personal feeling)
but it might be interesting to investigate that more seriously. Poser 6 is -
as far as my own experience goes - stable and well-provided. The figures are
a tiny bit less detailed than in Poser 7, but overall, 6 and 7 are very
close.

Enjoy playing with figures! It is addictive  :-)

Thomas