POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : New (Experimental) Index Page : Re: New (Experimental) Index Page Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New (Experimental) Index Page
From: Charles C
Date: 9 Apr 2008 02:14:05
Message: <47fc5ead@news.povray.org>
Chris,

I'm liking the ability to see more entries all at once!  Seeing all the
categories on the left is great too.  Selecting 50% scaling does a nice
job on Firefox in Windows. (Note, I'm also at 1024x768).  I do find the
small icons intuitive - i for information, a magnifier for a larger view
and a  downward pointing arrow for download all seem pretty standard to
me.

Right now clicking on the thumbnail seems to do the same thing as one of
the icons - specifically the download button.  Minor changes I think
might be nice would be to change the function of the "i" icon to bring
up a separate smaller pop-up window (did I say that?) with the full size
thumbnail and description and another download link.  That and maybe
change the function of clicking on the original thumbnail to bringing up
something like the full size image in the same window captioned with the
description and another download link.  This way everything you click
gets a slightly different result to fit more tastes.

I do get the over-written text if I list with text, similar to Warp's
screenshot.

Charles