POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : New (Experimental) Index Page : Re: New (Experimental) Index Page Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:43:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New (Experimental) Index Page
From: Warp
Date: 8 Apr 2008 20:04:04
Message: <47fc07f4@news.povray.org>
Chris B <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> I've added an option to display both a short textual description and the
> graphics.

  Small problem, though:
http://warp.povusers.org/snaps/objectcollection.png

> > The minuscule images on the right side of the thumbnail are not
> > intuitive and don't really stand out as "you can see more information
> > here".

> I'm running on 1024x768 and they don't look 'very' small on my screen. Are
> you running on a higher resolution?

  1600x1200.

> Are the meanings of the icons clear (now that you can see them)?

  I suppose they are ok, although in the longer version there could be
textual links as well, IMO.

> Is it apparent that hovering over the icons brings up the Alt text to
> explain their function, or should I add some sort of hint at the top of the
> screen?

  I have never been so good at UI and web design. I can report problems,
but I don't necessarily have good ideas for solutions. :)

--
                                                          - Warp