POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : New (Experimental) Index Page : Re: New (Experimental) Index Page Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New (Experimental) Index Page
From: Warp
Date: 7 Apr 2008 09:38:51
Message: <47fa23eb@news.povray.org>
Chris B <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php

  On the very first sight it looks good, but on closer examination
I find some problems.

  Firstly, the thumbnail images are scaled down. Most browsers do an
absolutely awful job at scaling down images, so they look horribly
pixelated where the browser drops pixels.

  Secondly, I liked more the idea that you can see the short
descriptions of the objects, with clear links to additional info, etc.
The minuscule images on the right side of the thumbnail are not
intuitive and don't really stand out as "you can see more information
here". Also, I don't like it that you have to click on such a small
link to get a page which just has the short description of the object.

  I prefer the list with the textual descriptions, as in the original
index page. I think that layout is ok. It just doesn't need the javascript.

  Perhaps there could be some link to a page which shows only the
thumbnail images (but without scaling them!) as that index2, or something.

  Thirdly, clicking eg. on "Games" and then "Display Selected Categories"
gives nothing. Should give all entries below the "Games" category.

--
                                                          - Warp