POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Suggestion : Re: Suggestion Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion
From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 Mar 2008 19:08:04
Message: <47ec36e4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>But right now, it seems, submissions need to occupy a sort of
>>intersection set. They must be objects, but objects built procedurally
>>from macros, and ideally using csg techniques.
>

>   I don't see that kind of restriction anywhere? AFAIK *anything* can be
> submitted to the object collection.
>
>   Of course if the object is made an easy-to-use include file, which has
> been cleaned up, and which might have some configuration properties (such
> as, for example, being able to override textures), all the better, but
> I can't see it as a requirement anywhere.

There was some talk that made that idea known without it being made
explicit.  But water under the bridge.  Chris was expansive on that
issue in his reply.

But my critique is also a suggestion that a closer definition of the
goals might somehow produce better motivation.  It's a half-baked idea,
I admit, but I wanted to air it out.

Again, just a few useful macros could make for a successful collection.