POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Suggestion : Re: Suggestion Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion
From: Warp
Date: 24 Mar 2008 18:22:35
Message: <47e837ba@news.povray.org>

> > There are still quite a few object in the collection at
> > http://objects.povworld.org
> >
> > Would it be possible to merge the two, since that collection hasn't been updated
> > since 2003?

> I think that can't be done without permission from the authors of each
> object.

  It's a shame, really. The official online object collection library is
an excellent idea, but it seems that it hasn't really catched up, and there
haven't been many submissions. It would really benefit from a library of
thousands of entries instead of just 31.

  Some people have suggested that we start creating objects about certain
topics. This, of course, is a slow process which would require volunteers.

  How about this idea instead: Volunteers who have made a lot of POV-Ray
images in the past, could go and dig those old scenes and take interesting
objects out of them, clean them out and create include files from them and
contribute them to the object collection. (That's actually what I have done
with all my submissions.)

--
                                                          - Warp