POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies : Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:31:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Jan 2008 18:25:22
Message: <47a10762$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> OK, after one week, I've had a submission from one person.
>
> Unfortunately, I was hoping for more than this :(
>
> So, I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Who would participate if given more time?
> 1b) How much more time would you realistically ask for?
>
> and,
>
> 2) Who would participate with a different subject?
> 2b) What subjects would interest you?

My plans for this week got derailed by looming deadlines in real life.
Not knowing till last week that I had to finish a paper this week really
killed my free time. When I finish this desk and typewriter models, they
will go up.

How much time? I'm slow. It all depends on if I find the magic
combination that makes an object work. 2 weekends would be better then one.

Topics, hmm. I tend to model things that really won't have a good use
outside. Chainmail macros to generate textures via the orthographic
camera, or fantasy knives for fun and profit. Musical instruments might
be an interesting topic, as would something silly like 'Model your
telephone'.