POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai Life #1 : Re: Bonsai Life #1 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:44:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai Life #1
From: Jim Charter
Date: 22 Jan 2008 11:42:03
Message: <47961cdb$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> I've finally updated my scene from...  uhh...  Well, a long time ago,
> anyway.
>
> I replaced the old tree, with a new larger, more robust tree, and the
> climbing vines are gone, though perhaps they'll return in another scene.
> The bark is still not perfect, but I'm fairly happy with it.  I had to
> modify the TomTree files themselves, since I was not able to get anything
> decent via the tree macro's alone.
>
> Just to recap, the idea here was not to have tiny folk running around on a
> bonsai, but more to have two different scales coexisting together.  There is
> both the miniature world, and the normal world, at the same time.  Gee, this
> would have been a neat concept for the "Worlds within worlds" IRTC challenge
> such a long time ago.
>
> Well, anyway, I still hope to produce more images along this theme, hence
> the "#1" in the title.  It's something that appeals to me quite a bit, so I
> hope to make a few more.  :-)

Just a remarkable tracing.  In particular the subtle use of finish on
the different surfaces, and the varigation in the wood of the trunk.
The fact that you are able to deliver, technically, in answer to the
scrutiny such an image invites, rego!  And that's before we even get
started on the conceptual dimensions to the picture.