POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies : Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:46:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies
From: St
Date: 21 Jan 2008 19:37:20
Message: <47953ac0@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

>>>Ohhh!  Glad that got said before I put too much time in.  That should be
>>>made clearer on the web page.
>>

>>     Heh, well, I can't think of anything better than mixing a good mesh
>> modeler with PoV. For me at least, it = perfect.  :)
>>
>>       ~Steve~
>>

> Your postings on p.b.images have made that pretty clear.  Me, I can swing
> either way, but I want to be the one who decides.

    And of course, that's the correct way to tackle it Jim. I think we all
made decisions over the years about how we would 'refine' our workflow using
PoV, and I think I've found my path. But, I've been tampering with the new
Crysis game editor recently, and I'm like 'painting' different layers of
rock textures on a heightfield mountain, and thinking; "Wow, if only I could
do this in PoV". If PoV was like this, it would seriously rule. :) Well, it
seriously rules anyway, but you know what I mean. This isn't a complaint,
just a thought.

     ~Steve~