POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Snowflake Generator for Windows : Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows Server Time
18 Apr 2024 08:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 8 Nov 2007 10:51:20
Message: <47333078$1@news.povray.org>
Steve Shelby wrote:
> "Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] THIShotmailcom> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Just in time for the holidays! It's a random snowflake generator. Far from
>> being an accurate simulation, it does produce better-looking snowflakes
>> than most programs available today(until I find a better one). You can
>> save a 700x700 screenshot to file.
>>
>> The program(with instructions) can be found here:
>> http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/snowflake1.zip
>>
>> And a screen shot can be found here:
>> http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/snowflake.jpg
>>
>> C++ source is also included. Enjoy :)
>>
>> Sam
>
> I like it! It would make a cool screensaver. Any Idea how to make it into a
> screensaver? (Windows XP)
> Steve Shelby

Make it shut down when it receives any mouse movement or keyboard input,
and make it full screen instead of windowed. Screensavers are just .exe,
renamed.

I tried using it as a screensaver, as is. The windowed mode kept it from
starting full screen, which was a bigger down side then having to hit
escape to turn it off.