POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Sound? : Re: Sound? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sound?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 21 Sep 2007 13:44:57
Message: <46f40319$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> That is an impressive list of software, for me Pov-Ray was the first
> graphics engine I tried and it stuck. It is probably more than what I need
> of a renderer but the price was right. And the people who frequent these
> news groups are OK, on the whole.

If i were to name the software i actually used on a larger
scale, it'd be Specular InfiniD, at a time when the company
i'm working for also did some experiments in multimedia and
presentation videos - never really took off, we had one or
two in-house examples and that was it - and then Cinema4D
after Specular went under.

I just had a nostalgic glance at the Macromedia Graphics
Studio boxing: that other 3D software i didn't recall was
first called MacroModel, then "Extreme 3D" (and "E3D 2").

The "Extreme" is hinting at the render times on a 10-MHz
68000 CPU, of course :)

-M