POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Position so far. : Re: Position so far. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:08:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Position so far.
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 12 Sep 2007 11:45:26
Message: <46e80996$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>  Ok guys, I thought I'd better start a new thread.
>
>    Below is the way that Colin thinks the new format should work. I'll list
> it, and then I'll add my own comments below the list.
>
> --------------------------
>  Please confirm the following scenario for the next November - January
> competition:
>
>  - 17th October : New topic available for members
>  - 1st November : New uploads allowed
>  - 17th December : End of uploads disallowed
>  - 18th December : Scoring/rating allowed
>  - 31st December : Competition ends
> -------------------------

This should work - you did notice this seems to be
effectively just a case of "shifting the timeframe back by
two weeks"? ;)

I mean:
Time to work on it: 10/17th - 12/17th = two months.
Time to vote: 12/17th - 12/31st = two weeks.

For the entrants, the competition doesn't end on 31st - it
ends on the 17th when the uploads are halted.

It's the same as the IRTC timeframes, except there it was
15th instead of 17th. :)

I'm fine with that.

-Markus