POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D : Re: Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:39:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D
From: Tiger
Date: 7 Sep 2007 12:01:55
Message: <46e175f3@news.povray.org>
On 07-09-07 15:50, Gilles Tran wrote:

> 46e15054@news.povray.org...
>> Upon contacting the author of Eagle 3D I was told that I need to tell
>> POVray the location of a specific folder which came with Eagle 3D.
>> However, I don't see any way of configuring this in POVray.
>
> Here:  http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/751/

Thanks. Now *something* is happening instead of that error message,
which isn't necessarily a good thing.
Instead, the Mac "beachball" spins indefinitely. By pressing ALT-COMMAND
I can see that POVray is "not responding", so I had to do a "force quit".

This seems to happen every time I run it, and the file I've given to it
is a very small one as well (I just placed one small IC on a board, so I
can't possibly think POVray would see it as a major task; the whole POV
file is 399 lines long).

Then I tried it in another application which I found called MegaPOV it
seemed to work better, but even after setting the path to those files
(in the "Files & paths" section of preferences) I got an error message:

Parse Error: Illegal character in input file, value is 02.
Total Scene Processing Times
   Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
   Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
   Cloth Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
   Mechsim Time:  0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
   Render Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
   Postpr. Time:  0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
   Total Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)

What does that mean, and what can I do in order to fix it?