POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : _The History of Science_ comments : Re: _The History of Science_ comments Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: _The History of Science_ comments
From: William Tracy
Date: 3 Sep 2007 19:19:54
Message: <46dc969a@news.povray.org>
I've been looking at the images for a couple of days here.

Honestly, I think there's no contest. Michael Hunter's "Black Death" is
the best image here, and the best image I've seen in the tc-rtc/irtc in
a long time. It looks to me like someone took a 14th or 15th century
manuscript and digitally edited in photographs over the drawings. :-)
This is a piece of art.

James Charter's "X-Ray" is probably my pick for second place, and in my
mind "Science at Work" and "Pool of Science" are tied for third place. I
have to echo Shay's comment that the pool could really use some
reflections. :-)

Looking at the scores, I see that my opinions are not widely held. :-)
Ah, well. Fantastic work.

I should enter again some time here, now that I have a shiny new
computer. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when you think 80s movies have
the funniest special effects.
Aaron Gage a.k.a Slartibartfast