POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? : Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 29 Aug 2007 05:23:04
Message: <46d53af8$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Markus Altendorff <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote:
>> how big can/should the thumbnail be? The current ones are square in
>> shape and rather compact - i've gotten used to the 320x240 of the old
>> IRTC...
>>
>> -M
>
> I had the problem the other way. How to make the preview intelligible but
> obscuring the nudity. I think that I made it 200x150.

Ah. Well, the server setup is to crop it down to 140x140 anyway, which
is what bothers me - i'm used to putting the title etc. in it, like with
the IRTC... it'll be unreadable and no use if it gets pressed into 140x140.

> in the stage to metal which I like but the render time has gone through the
> roof 20 mins + time for a memory leak, per frame.

Yes, metal can do that... that's why i've got a "losing the shiny
armour" scene at about the middle my clip :)  - metal + reflection of
"media" material in it (if i'm using the povray term right? that
half-transparent plasma stuff...?) isn't good for the render rate.

Textures going "boink" isn't, either, though for different reasons ...
the last location i used is a walk back to daylight through an
underground passage that had the occasional decorative doorway left and
right, but the texture there was "hopping" between frames - i guess i've
either messed up the texture space orientation when i declared the
material or it wasn't properly fixed to the object. The render is
running for the third time now, because i've kicked those objects from
the scene to just get it over with... should be done about the time i
get home from work today.

-M