POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Free chain mail texture : Re: Free chain mail texture Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:58:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free chain mail texture
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 26 Jul 2007 19:12:03
Message: <46a92a43$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>       Seriously, everything is A/ok.

Let's hope so. I must admit I've not yet modelled as much
new (and necessary) objects for my animation idea as i had
hoped because i got stuck refining existing models
instead... (been leafing through Koenigsmarck's tutorials
again, and couldn't resist tweaking face polygons...)

http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070727_000401_snap.jpg

Added some more teeth (now six up front, which actually is
non-human if you try to fit the canines into the picture,
but seems to look more "natural" (cough) ;) and fixed the
arrangement into something a little less of a straight line.
    Also had phong shading off, too. D'oh.

And, another spaceship type added to the arsenal:
http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070718_215626_Test2.mpg
(added some more detail since this version)

Lessons learned:
- adding/removing polygons kills the guide placement of
Cinema4D's hair generator. Whoops. Didn't expect that to happen.
- Save. Document. Now. Or else...

Oh, regarding TC-RTC website: is it intentional that members
can (pre-)view uploaded entries during the timeframe?

-M