POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Combining Materials in Poser : Re: Combining Materials in Poser Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:54:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining Materials in Poser
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2007 07:41:15
Message: <46839e5b$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht
> I would still like to know more about the Material Room, tho'.

There are huge possibilities and functions in the Material Room I found out.
However, I suspect that many of those possibilities are proprietary to Poser
in the sense that I have not the slightest idea if, and if yes, how, these
functions are translated in Poseray towards POV-Ray. That would be for
FlyerX to answer. Most of this particular information is embedded in the pz3
or pzz file, and used in combination with the obj and mat files to generate
the POV-Ray files.

Remember what FlyerX answered to my comment on this in p.b.i.:
My comment:
> 3) Procedural textures: Procedural textures in Poser are only shown in
> Poseray (and exported to POV-Ray) as pigments and finishes. This is
> understandable as the procedural parameters used by Poser may not be
> easily
> translated into POV-Ray code. When using procedural textures in Poser,
> best
> is to find an equivalent POV-Ray texture and use that instead.
FlyerX answered:
I agree. Would be nice if Poser could bake and export its procedural
textures. This and strand hair are features that makes Poser less
portable to other applications.

Thomas