POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Combining Materials in Poser : Re: Combining Materials in Poser Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:47:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining Materials in Poser
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2007 07:32:23
Message: <46839c47$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:4680efdf@news.povray.org...

> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me a quick way to change materials? I have a skirt (and I
>> look nice in it :-) that has three parts, hem, lower and upper skirt. I
>> want to combine them and use only one material. I think that I could do
>> it
>> in a modeller and import it into Poser but I find that the scaling of the
>> imported mesh does not remain constant. (I am using 3DS format.) So I
>> would
>> like to make the whole skirt out of one simple material and add aging and
>> dirt in my modeller. Any Ideas?
>
>     Stephen, in Wings, there's a 'combine' command that will do this.
>
>      I'm not sure if there is a scaling problem with 3DS files in Wings,
> but I would try converting to OBJ if there is, (seems to keep scale ok).

I think that highlighting *all* the surfaces of the model and assign them a
single texture will do the trick, if as you say the model consist of one
mesh with three textures. If you want to uv map that texture, then you will
need to unwrap the mesh. My experience with Wings for that is not
conclusive, but since I discovered the new ability in the beta of Silo, this
is working fantastically. Other free stuff that do the job (they say) would
be UVMapper, but I have no real experience with that.

Thomas